Players can use ice hockey equipment although it gets a little warm in the arena. The newer roller hockey gear is lighter weight, breathable and more comfortable to play in.
The following is a list of equipment.
1) CSA Approved Helmet & Cage (for players under 18)
2) Shoulder Pads (optional but recommended for new players)
3) Elbow Pads
5) Athletic Supporter
6) Roller hockey pants and a girdle (or hockey pants)
7) Shin Pads
8) Inline Skates (without brakes)
9) Indoor Wheels are recommended (72A - 78A softness)
10) Approved Hockey Stick (no black tape)