Specific LMFL Rules for 2010 Season
1. Playoffs – Midweek, starting July 19 or 20th, until completed.
2. Verification of Insurance required to prior to playing 1st game.
Either Softball BC or South Hill Sports (Jim Johnson 604 228 0144)
3. Game Time limits: Single game- no time limit
Double headers: 1hr 45 min.
International tiebreaker in effect until reach time limit
4. Lights out Park Times: Newton 10:30 South Hill 10:30
Steveston 11:00 Moody 10:50
5. Player Eligibility: - All Players must be on an insured roster.
- Masters players can be universally picked up.
- Tier 1 teams are allowed to pick up from Tier 2 teams
- Tier 2 team pickups - Submitted to Executive (24 hrs)
- Statistics do not count for pickups.
- Playoffs only rostered players allowed. Player must have played at least one game in the regular season.
- Teams are allowed to play game with 8 players (9th batter is an automatic out) but may not drop down to 8 if they start with 9 or more (except if a player is injured).
6. Statistics: - Each team must enter their own statistics on the eSportsdesk site.
- Each team will be given the password to use.
- Each team will also be given score sheets that correspond to web site data.
- Failure to enter stats into the website within 1 week of the game being played will result in a $25 fine. Each failure to enter the stats will see the fine increase by another $25 (ie. $50 for second offence, $75 for third, etc).
7. Performance Bond: $300 per team prior to 1st game
8. Game Cancellation: - All cancellations due to lack of players is a forfeit
- Over 72 hrs notice - no fine
- 24 - 72 hrs notice - $ 50 fine
- Less than 24 hrs notice - $ 100 fine
- Forfeit at Park - $ 150 fine
- All fines are taken out of bond and have to be replenished if the performance bond account drops below $150 prior to next game. The fine money is paid to team that was cancelled against.
9. Illegal Bats – We will use the Softball BC ruling which states that bats must have the ASA 2004 certification mark. However, there is a list of bats WITH the certification mark that are in fact banned bats. That list is available at:
10. Standings – The regular season standings will be used for placement into a double-KO tourney for playoffs. The standings will be decided by, in order:
- Winning Percentage
- Head-to-head matchups
- Run Differential
- Coin flip
11. Executive: - Craig Donaldson
- Trevor Harms
- Ken Godfrey