|The following are effective as of December 1, 2012|
*For finalized information, please check your Participant Package (pick this up at Participant Check-In)
1. The Western Cup XXXI Tournament is a CTF sanctioned tournament and maintains a Moral Support Sanction for non-members of other FIQ recognized bowling organizations. The Moral Support Sanction permits the use of FIQ recognized sanctioned league averages and tournament scores to determine a bowlers entering average for the tournament. All participants are subject to the CTF rules and jurisdiction for the event. The tournament is a mixed handicap competition open to men and women by invitation only.
2. All participants must be a member of CTF, or qualify under the Moral Support sanctioning requirements and be able to provide proof of membership (current sanction card or signed statement from league secretary verifying membership). If the participant is not a member of CTF, he or she must pay the appropriate participation fee ($25) to be eligible for CTF awards.
3. The Western Cup XXXI tournament permits the participation of non-sanctioned bowlers, who shall use a minimum average of 130. Such bowlers shall be required to submit all league averages and tournament scores for possible re-rating. CTF permits the tournament manager to assign an average higher than the minimum average prior to participation. (CTF rule 319b)
4. If the participant is not a member of IGBO, in any of its membership classes, he or she must become an IGBO Associate member and pay the appropriate Associate membership fee ($25 USD). The participant shall have the opportunity to apply for Associate Membership at the time of registration.
5. The tournament events shall be handicap events and are as follows: Singles, Doubles and Team and Individual All Events. Optional individual Scratch Divisions and \optional Scratch Masters will not be offered.
6. Each participant shall bowl three (3) games per event and must enter all three events. Teams will consist of four (4) members comprising any combination of men and women. Men and women will compete on an equal basis. Doubles partners must come from the same team.
7. Each participant may bowl only once in each event.
8. A professional bowler that is not a current roistered IGBO league or organizational member, with a minimum twenty-one (21) games, may not bowl the Western Cup XXXI tournament. \only one (1) professional bowler per team will be allowed. A Professional Bowler is defined as any person who has been a “card-carrying” member of a professional bowling organization within the past twelve months preceding the Western Cup XXXI Tournament.
9. Employees of Let’s Bowl who are non-IGBO league members shall not be permitted to participate in the Western Cup XXX Tournament.
Awards and Prizes
10. All cash awards shall be based on the total pins plus assigned handicap for each event.
11. Awards will be given in the Handicap Division for the best Singles, Doubles, Team and Individual All Events. Individual All Events is defined as the nine (9) game total plus handicap of an individual bowler.
12. The award ratio for the handicap division shall be a minimum of at least 1:10, with the exception of individual All Events. Individual All Events shall be a minimum of at least 1:20.
13. Prizes will be distributed via cheque payable in Cdn currency within thirty (30) days of the completion of the tournament, barring any protests. A tie in any position will result in the sum of the prizes being aggregated for the tied positions and divided equally by the number of ties for that placing. Prize funds will be based on 100% participation.
14. Any bowler entering the Western Cup XXXI tournament must establish a ten-pin average acceptable to CTF. The following rules shall be used to determine the entering average:
• Use the December 31, 2012 average with a minimum of 21 games. If competing in more than one league, the bowler MUST submit the HIGHEST AVERAGE of all leagues bowled.
• The highest previous season (2011-2012) book average with a minimum of 21 games. If competing in more than one league, the bowler MUST submit the HIGHEST AVERAGE of all leagues bowled.
• The above averages must be verified by the use of a league standing sheet, signed and dated by a league officer.
The above averages MUST be verified by the use of: 1) League standing sheet, signed and dated by League Officer, or
2) Letter from League President or Secretary, or
3) Photocopy of book average (with year noted) signed and dated by League Officer. Averages from “Sports Condition” leagues are not acceptable at any time.
15. The handicap for the tournament shall be based at 90% of the difference between the bowler’s entering average (as determined above) and a scratch score of 225. Negative handicaps shall not apply.
16. As the beginning date of the Western Cup XXXI Tournament, any bowler who has a qualified for a cash prize of three hundred dollars ($300 USD) or more in any single event MIST report all positions and all amounts won and all scores for the previous 12 month period to the tournament director no later than at the time of registration for possible re-rating. Such re-rating must be done before the entrant bowls (CTF rules). Failure to report this information shall result in SUTOMATIC disqualification and loss of all winnings.
17. The tournament director(s) have the authority to adjust the entering average of any bowler. Average adjustments will be applied as set forth under CTF rules. All average adjustments will be completed prior to the start of the tournament. A bowler unwilling to accept an average adjustment is entitled to a full refund.
18. CTF rules regarding the BOWLER’S responsibility to verify the accuracy of his/her entering average, whether submitted by the bowler, the team captain, or other, applies to all bowlers. Failure to use proper average shall disqualify scores if the submitted average is lower than the actual average, thereby resulting in a lower classification or more handicap. Prize winnings shall be based on the higher average if it is higher than the entering average.
19. If a bowler has won $300 in any single event in the past twelve (12) months and has a minimum twenty-one (21) game average that is one (1) or more pins higher than their entering average for this tournament, they must use the higher tournament average.
20. If a bowler has a minimum eighteen (18) game tournament average (over the preceding 24 months) that is ten or more pins higher than their entering average for this tournament, they must use the higher tournament average.
Attendance and Substitutes
21. It is solely and entirely the bowler’s responsibility to be present at the assigned lanes at the time of bowling.